Welcome to Torts and Cupcakes!

Welcome to Torts and Cupcakes!

This is a blog about my life as a new lawyer and a passionate baker. Some of my posts will be about law, some will be about my baking escapades, and some will be both. You see, lawyering and baking do have some things in common. In both, changing just one simple element can alter the result entirely.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. If you have any questions, please contact me at LindseyAnderson@dplaw.com

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Blog


Happy New Year everyone, and welcome to my new blog.  I have been blogging over at The Law of Cupcakes for almost 2 years now.  Despite the ridiculously cute name, my other blog doesn't explore the law at all.  That blog is strictly dedicated to baking.  This blog, however, will include a law element as well as a baking element.  My goal is to tell the world about my experiences as a brand new lawyer.

I have to say that 2010 was a very exciting year for me.  I graduated from law school in May and I spent the summer studying for the Delaware and New Jersey bar exams.  In October, I found out that I passed the Delaware bar, one of the most difficult bars in the nation.  In mid-December, I became the 5,450th person to be admitted to the Delaware bar.  As you can see, it's a very small bar. (Oh, and I passed NJ too!)

For the last 20 months, I've been working for a great law firm here in Delaware, Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya.  While I was in law school, I was working as a law clerk and now I am their newest attorney.  You see, I work directly for the "Bhaya" in that group.  She has exposed me to numerous different aspects of our practice so, naturally, as soon as I was sworn into the bar, she had big plans for me.

Last week, just 2 weeks after having been sworn into the bar, I represented a client at my very first arbitration.  I will explain that process in detail in a post to follow.

It wouldn't be a new year without cake.  The cupcake you see above I made for New Year's Eve.  It is a classic vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream.  To make it extra special, I topped it with edible glitter.  The cupcakes sparkled and tasted great.  The cupcakes were so good, in fact, that my friend's 2 year old exclaimed "these cupcakes are DELICIOUS!"  Of course, he just ate the frosting and left the cake.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter